Parker

Parker
I loved my passy

Friday, September 2, 2011

Avoid saying

I know I rant and rave a lot oh well I guess that's what this blog is for........... I found this yesterday..........Here are some phrases to avoid saying:

"It was meant to be."
"It was for the best."
"Your baby is in a better place now."
"Time heals all wounds."
"I know exactly how you feel." (even if you have experienced a similar loss)
"At least you have other children." or "you can always have another baby."

If only I had a dollar for all the times I heard these........I know people only mean well but.......he might be in a better place but would I have been such a bad parent?? Time heals all wounds....maybe...............but doubtful this will never be something I will forget...........I will never forget Parker.....

3 comments:

  1. I actually had someone say, "God's just not ready for you to be a mommy yet."

    I know people are trying to be nice or don't know what to say, but it's so annoying to hear any of these belabored expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog through Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. When I was in the hospital in 2005, the nurse actually said "I will never understand how someone could end a life"....assuming I was there for an abortion somehow (do hospitals even do this???). I was there for an emergency D&C because of severe hemorrhaging, and I had just lost the baby, 2 days before, well into our 2nd trimester. To add insult to injury, they had me recover on the maternity floor.... I'm sorry, and it is so maddening. For me, the best thing was just a friend being there to just let me cry...silently. All of those phrases annoyed the crap out of me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    I found you through Faces of Loss. I'm hosting a blogfest for mothers who have lost infants or children. I would love it if you could join us and share your story. Thanks for your time.
    -Elisa

    Here's that link:
    http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2011/09/only-50-more-days-until-golden-sky.html?showComment=1317367512296#c7067417673821287452

    ReplyDelete